Stages and screens auction, benefiting actor backgrounds, features memorabilia from Christine Baranski, Hugh Jackman, Carol Burnett, More
Stage and screen, an auction hosted by Doyle Auctioneers & Appraisers featuring memorabilia from the worlds of theater, film, television, opera and dance, takes place April 28 starting at 10 a.m. ET to benefit of The Actors Fund.
While a portion of the proceeds from each item will benefit The Actors Fund, Tony and Emmy winner Christine Baranski has curated a collection of donated lots – including three of her own dresses – for which 100% of the hammer price goes entirely to the organization.
Watch Christine Baranski name dozens of glamorous actresses (for a good cause)
“Talk about spring cleaning!” I have asked my friends and colleagues on stage and on screen to lend their support to this meaningful auction and the response has been overwhelming, ”Baranski said in a previous statement. “Our performing arts colleagues need our support during this incredibly difficult time of crisis. The Actors Fund has provided a much needed lifeline to our industry, and their work is nothing short of miraculous. I know I can’t wait to see what Dolly Parton, Cher, Julie Andrews, Bruce Springsteen and over 20 amazing stage and screen legends come out of their closet! Support The Actors Fund in what I know will be a fun, hopeful and nostalgic event! “
The highlights of the auction include:
• Golden Globe by Celeste Holm awarded in 1947 for The Gentleman’s Agreement
• memorabilia from the golden age of Hollywood and theater from the Celeste Holm collection
• Estate of Thomas P. Lacy with classic Broadway costumes and sets
• A Wolverine hugh jackman closet jacket
• Bruce Springsteen boots, jeans and t-shirt
• Black sequined evening dress designed by David Dalrymple. Worn at Hulaween 2014 and ITV special It’s the girls in the UK by Bette Midler
• Banjo signed by Steve Martin
• iconic glasses from Elton John
• Bob Mackie dresses by Carol Burnett
• Dolce & Gabbana dress worn by Glenn Close on the opening night red carpet of Sunset Boulevard
• Leather jumpsuit Alan Cumming wore to the Tony Awards when he won Best Actor in a Musical in 1998 for Cabaret
• A collection of signed books by Julie Andrews
• Oscar de la Renta dress worn by Renée Fleming to perform at the 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Concert on the balcony of Buckingham Palace (with Alfie Boe).
• A limited edition leather-bound copy of the script from Downton abbey (the first film) signed by the director, the writer, the producer and the cast. There are only 30 of them. Courtesy of Carnival Films.
• Screen worn leather jackets the Good Wife
• Dress worn by Tina Fey at the 2013 Emmy Awards where she won the award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series for 30 Rock
Joseph Benincasa, President and CEO of The Actors Fund, said: “We are so grateful to Doyle and especially to our good friend Christine Baranski for creating this extremely fun way to raise funds. Our job is to support people who work in the performing arts and entertainment. It’s a great example of how this wonderful community continues to find new, creative ways to reciprocate. “
The selection of articles can be viewed by clicking here.
(Updated April 28, 2021)